Stress can lead to all sorts of negative outcomes. Feelings of anxiety, overeating, heart attacks, strokes, digestive problems, and so on. The list is endless. But, fortunately, so is the list of stress anxiety relief measures
Anxiety is usually short lived. But in the cases where it’s not, it can cause serious health problems. So how can we get some relief from all of these stress situations?
Nearly all stress and anxiety starts in the mind. But the mind is intimately connected to the nervous system of the body and once you begin to experience stress and anxiety, physical manifestation can’t be far behind. But there are some common relief measures that you can take to rid yourself of these twin annoyances.
7 Effective Methods of Stress and Anxiety Relief
1) Hypnotherapy – this has been shown in studies to be very effective in relieving levels of stress and anxiety in patients. An added benefit is that there are no side effects as there are with drugs.
2) Music – listening to your favorite musical sounds as a method of stress anxiety relief pre-dates both psychology and pharmaceutical pills and is very effective. It may be so effective that it puts you to sleep.
3) Wine – while obviously, it’s not a good thing to over indulge, in moderate amounts, wine can not only relax you but it’s actually a good source of antioxidants.
4) Prescription Drugs – Xanax and drugs like it are often prescribed by doctors for their patients who are extremely stressed out or anxious. The danger with drugs, prescription and non-prescription, is that many times these become addictive. Other dangers are that you have to be especially vigilant when taking these drugs in combination with alcohol or other medicines. Oftentimes there can be bad interactions or side effects as a result.
5) Exercise – while undoubtedly good for your health, exercise explodes the level of endorphins in your body. In the process, it not only rids you of tension, stress, and anxiety – it also gives you more energy. In trials, it has even been shown to mitigate some of the symptoms of depression.
6) Games – you can really get lost in a game that you love. Sometimes, so much so that you quickly forget the events that brought on all of the feelings of anxiety within you. Games are great for anxiety stress relief.
7) Sports – sports can bring out the competitive juices in many players. Just like exercise it can really get the endorphins pumping. Unlike exercise, however, you’ll usually be having fun while engaging in your favorite sports.
Keep in mind that a large part of our daily anxiety and stress is triggered not by what’s happening now, but by our fear of what will happen in the future. But, in fact, that fearful future may NEVER come to pass. Learning to relieve your anxiety and stress is largely a function of learning to let go and not worry about things that you can’t control.